The Silver Anniversary.
Many marriages, jobs and friendships don’t make it to that milestone, but the El Dorado Wine Region’s Annual Passport Event has made it to 25! And to celebrate that with gusto, they have 25 wineries participating this year to tie into their theme of “Cheers to 25 Years!”
If you haven’t been before…go. If you have been before…go.
Here’s just a few fun things that were happening 25 years ago:
- Minnesota Twins won the World Series
- Silence of the Lambs won the Oscar for Best Picture (fava beans….EWWWW)
- Ted Turner was named Man of the Year
- Elizabeth Taylor married husband number 7
- Michael Bolton hit the number 1 song list with “When a Man Loves a Woman”
- The cost of a Superbowl Ad was only $800,000.00 (you don’t even want to know what it is today)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were the hottest selling toys
- The El Dorado Wineries started the best touring and tasting event ever in the Foothills!
So, put on your “silver duds” and join us for a celebration that’s outlasted every single thing I listed above!
Visit www.passporteldorado.com for more information. And use code BLOG for $5.00 off your purchase!
Until Next Time…