What’s better than Thanksgiving dinner? Thanksgiving leftovers of course! Let’s take stock…you’ve probably got some turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and green bean casserole. Sure you could just remake your plate from last night…but why not try something new? Check out this Thanksgiving Pizza from The Gunny Sack:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Serves: 8 slices
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed according to the instructions on the package
- ½ cup mashed potatoes
- 5 tbsp gravy, divided
- ¼ cup corn
- ¼ cup green bean casserole
- ½ cup chopped turkey
- ½ cup stuffing
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup French fried onions
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Basil, parsley or thyme for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Gently press puff pastry sheet into a greased 9-inch tart pan (or use a 9-inch pie pan). Trim the corners and use them into fill in any empty spaces along the sides of the pan.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the bottom and drizzle with two tablespoons of gravy.
- Sprinkle with corn and green bean casserole.
- Top with turkey, stuffing and three tablespoons of gravy.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with French fried onions and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with basil, parsley or thyme and freshly ground black pepper.
And hey, don’t forget the best part….the wine! You probably don’t have leftover wine…so crack open that cellar/wine fridge/cabinet in the garage and look for one of these varietals: